The conference will focus on areas of indoor and outdoor lighting, light sources, lighting design and photometric studies, lighting control systems, health effects and environmental issues as well as standardization in lighting technology.
This event is primarily devoted to researchers and lighting experts and it is an opportunity for them to meet and discuss recent advances and future directions in lighting engineering.
The conference program will include paper presentations, poster sessions and companies exhibition. All submitted papers will be reviewed by leading experts with expertise, covering the conference topics.
Participants all over the world, who are motivated to share their over-the-year knowledge and experience, are also warmly welcome.
The conference program will include paper presentations and poster sessions.
Authors are asked to suggest the preferred form of presentation while the Program Committee will make the final decision.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by leading expert in the field covered by the conference topics.
There will be an accompanying exhibition during the conference.
Abstract/Paper Submission Guidelines
- Create an user account in the Conference Management System (CMS)
- Upload a two-page Extended Abstract (according to the template)
- Wait for the Reviewers’ results
- If the Extended Abstract is accepted upload your Full paper (according to the template)
- Register for participation (conference fee payment)
Abstract/Paper submission process is done through the following steps:
Below is more detailed step-by-step guide on the conference paper submission process:
A two-page structured abstract (A4, double column, 10 pt – see the template) for each paper should be submitted through the Conference Management System. It shall contain the title of the paper, author’s names and affiliation, the main contents of the paper (related work, general methodology, results, conclusion) and references.
Here you can download the Extended Abstract template (DOC, Microsoft Word, A4).
Each abstract will be reviewed by two reviewers. If accepted the authors will be asked to upload the full paper.
Full paper describing work not previously published or presented must strictly conform to the conference format. The full paper length should be between four and six pages. Authors should upload their papers through the Conference Management System. Papers which are not submitted through the Conference Management System or do not conform to the conference format will not be further processed!
Here you can download the IEEE full paper template (DOC, Microsoft Word, A4).
IEEE conference templates contain guidance text for composing and formatting conference papers. Please ensure that all template text is removed from your conference paper prior to submission to the conference. Failure to remove template text from your paper will result in your paper not being published.
Authors are requested to upload the following:
- Full (camera-ready) paper in both DOC and IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF (see instructions below)
- A scanned copy of the bank (wire) transfer statement for the conference fee payment
- IEEE Copyright Form (for each paper) – see instructions below
IMPORTANT! All authors shall add the copyright notice (info) to their papers before creating PDFs.
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page (First Page Footer -Section1-) of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding.
Authors are required to replace the text “XXX-X-XXXX-XXXX-X/XX/$XX.00 ©20XX IEEE” in the First Page Footer -Section1- field, in the IEEE Conference Paper Template with the following:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2098-0/19/$31.00 ©2019 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2098-0/19/$31.00 ©2019 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-2098-0/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
In order to be included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library authors shall convert a paper to a PDF and verify that they have IEEE Xplore-compatible versions of their manuscripts.
Authors could use the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus™, which is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing them to validate their papers for meeting IEEE Xplore® requirements. If there is a formatting issue, it will identify the problem for the author so it can be fixed.
IEEE PDF eXpress™ is not a manuscript-collection system and does not replace the conference’s submission system. Once authors verify that they have IEEE Xplore-compatible versions of their manuscripts, they will still need to upload the files to the Conference Management System.
Please, upload the full paper in both .docx (.doc) and IEEE Xplore-compatible .pdf formats packed together as a ZIP archive file to the Conference Management System. A full paper (the ZIP file), signed copyright-form and a proof of registration fee payment have to be electronically submitted separately through the BalkanLight Junior 2019 Conference Management System no later than the deadline (September 01, 2019).
Papers not formatted according to the above templates and/or are not submitted by the deadline will not be included in the proceedings.
The paper should be reported personally by one of the authors. For the oral presentations it is recommended MS PowerPoint to be used.
IEEE is the copyright holder of the Conference Proceedings. All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library for distribution in scientific databases. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference.
The electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF) was introduced to authors and volunteers in May 2004. Since its inception, the eCF has successfully proven itself to be a highly effective tool that not only accomplishes its main goal of transferring ownership rights of the intellectual property to IEEE but does so by also saving significant amounts of time and effort on the part of IEEE authors, volunteers, and staff (Source: ieee.org).
The IEEE copyright form (one for each paper) is sent to the author’s email electronically. Follow the link attached in the email message in order to fill-in and sign the electronic copyright form. You need to fill in the title of paper, list of authors and IEEE Publication Title. For the IEEE Publication Title please use the following sequence of words: 2019 Second Balkan Junior Conference on Lighting (Balkan Light Junior)
IEEE requires all publications to be submitted to a plagiarism detection process prior to being uploaded to IEEE Xplore® to ensure originality of the content. The authors will receive the IEEE CrossCheck results (if the similarity percentage is under 30%, the Result is “OK”. If not, it is “Review Report”).
|Registraton Type||Early Bird
(15 August 2019)
|Standard Authors||200 EUR||300 EUR|
|Student Authors *||60 EUR||80 EUR|
|IEEE members, CIE-NCBG members, Young Researcher Authors||150 EUR||170 EUR|
* Follow the Registration Fee Terms & Conditions link for further details
More information about Registration Fee Terms & Conditions can be found in the attached files below:
- Attendance to all sessions at the conference and the exhibition
- Refreshment breaks
- Gala dinner
- Conference Kit and Proceedings
- Participation certificate
- One participant can attend per registration
- One paper can be presented per registration
- Registrations cannot be cancelled or refunded
- Registrations are non-transferable
Registration Types Classifications
- Standard Authors – Standard Author presents a paper and attend to all sessions on all conference days.
- Student Authors – A Student is an author who is a student and presents a paper at the conference and attends all events on all conference days (Note: Follow the Registration Fee Terms & Conditions link for further details)
- Young Researcher Authors – A Young Researcher means researchers in the first 10 years (full-time equivalent) of their research activity, including the period of research training, since gaining a university (or equivalent institution of higher education) degree
TOPICS IN LIGHT AND LIGHTING
- LED Lighting
- Photobiology and non-Visual Effects of Light
- Lighting Technology (lamps, luminaires, lighting controls)
- Lighting Calculations. Photometry and Colorimetry
- Energy Efficiency and Economic Aspects of Lighting
- Ergonomics and Physiology of Vision. Human Aspects of Lighting
- Interior, Exterior and Road Lighting. Lighting Quality. Light Pollution
- Renewable Energy Sources and Lighting
- Management of Lighting and Renewable Energy Sources
- Daylight Design and Architectural Lighting
- Common Lighting Aspects. Standards and Legislation in Lighting
IEEE INTEREST FIELDS IN LIGHTING
- Communication, Networking and Broadcast Technologies
- Components, Circuits, Devices and Systems
- General Topics for Engineers
- Power, Energy and Industry Applications
- Robotics and Control Systems
Borislav Pregyov – Ledvance, Bulgaria
Dimitar Pavlov – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
Valyo Nikolov – Technical University of Sofia, Plovdiv Branch, Bulgaria
Iva Petrinska – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Kiril Kassev – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Georgi Ganev – Technical University of Sofia, Plovdiv Branch, Bulgaria
- Valentina Markova – Technical University of Varna, Bulgaria
- Borislav Boychev – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Kamelia Nikolova – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Teodor Kyuchukov – University of Ruse, Bulgaria
- Vladimir Shalamanov – Alfalight, Bulgaria
- Maria Nenova – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Dilyan Ivanov – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Milko Yovchev – Technical University of Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- Kamen Georgiev – Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Emre Erkin – Turkey
- Matej Kobav – Slovenia
- Ksenija Bunjak – Serbia
- Roman Dubnicka – Slovakia
- Lale Erdem Atilgan – Turkey
- Nicolae Diga – Romania
- Asterios Tolidis – Greece
- Lambros Doulos – Greece
Angel Pachamanov – Bulgaria
- Mony Monev – Bulgaria
- Dimitar Matev – Bulgaria
- Valentina Markova – Bulgaria
- Valyo Nikolov – Bulgaria
- Georgi Ganev – Bulgaria
- Kiril Kassev – Bulgaria
- Orlin Petrov – Bulgaria
- Plamen Tsankov – Bulgaria
- Iva Petrinska – Slovenia
- Sermin Onaygil – Turkey
- Silvia-Maria Diga – Romania
- Asterios Tolidis – Greece
- Lambros Doulus – Greece
- Iva Vassileva – Greece
- Ksenija Bunjak – Serbia
- Ivan Yatchev – Bulgaria
- Valentin Kolev – Bulgaria
- Plamen Rizov – Bulgaria
- George Todorov – Bulgaria
- Iliana Marinova – Bulgaria
- Angel Tsolov – Bulgaria
- Svetlana Tsvetkova – Bulgaria
- Ivaylo Dolapchiev – Bulgaria
- Rad Stanev – Bulgaria
The conference will be held on September 19 – 21, 2019 at the Technical University of Sofia – Plovdiv Branch. It is located at 25 Tsanko Diustabanov Str., 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Plovdiv is the second largest city in Bulgaria, situated on the Maritsa River. Its unique location on ancient crossroads has stimulated strong cultural and political influences from East and West civilizations, and yet maintained its unique cultural identity. The city is situated in the centre of Southern Bulgaria, in the flat Upper Thracian Plain, along both banks of the river Maritsa. Not far away from Plovdiv are the beautiful Rhodope Mountains.
The city has preserved extremely valuable cultural monuments from the Antiquity, the Middle Ages and Bulgarian Renaissance coexisting in harmony with contemporary culture.
Plovdiv is also the first Bulgarian city chosen to be an European Capital of Culture in 2019, so in addition to the BalkanLight Junior 2019 Conference, there will be a lot of cultural activities and events in the South Central Region of Bulgaria, that can be attended.